MycoVAM contains Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizas (VAM). VAM are symbiotic entophytic soil fungi, which colonize the roots of approximately 80% plants. VAM fungi produce hyphae, which are microscopic tubes that colonize crop roots and grow out into the soil further than root hairs. Nutrients are taken up by the hyphae and carried back to the plants. This results in very efficient mobilization & uptake of fertilizers & other nutrients by the plants. The VAM hyphae also help in retaining moisture around the root zone of the plants.
Uses of VAM :
- Improves uptake of phosphorus and micronutrients.
- Improves nitrogen fixation and pH balancing.
- Imparts disease and pest resistance to plants.
- Imparts greater drought tolerance to plants.
- Improves conditioning of soil.
Suitable For : All Crops
Directions For Use :
- For field crops : Sugarcane, cotton, wheat, vegetables etc.
- Dosage : 2-3 kg/acre.
- Procedure : Mix 2-3 kg of MycoVAM with 100 kg of soil or Organic fertilizer and broadcast it over one acre of land.
- For Horticulture & Tissue culture: Fruits, Flowers Plantation trees etc.
- Procedure : Remove the surface soil around the tree and add 100 gm MycoVAM per mature tree or 25-50 gm per small plant.
Caution : Do not mix with chemical pesticides or insecticides at the time of application.
- Active Ingredients - Species
- VAM Fungi - Glomus intraradices.
Count : 1000, 1200 propagules / gm.